Mashed cauliflower is a great alternative to mashed potatoes! This is perfect for those who love their mashed potatoes…but care about their waistline. Using cauliflower instead of potatoes cuts the carbs immensely and you’ll be amazed with how similar they taste. No need to follow the recipe exactly, just base it on how you like your potatoes. The only important step is substituting cauliflower for the potatoes…be sure not to neglect that!
See if you can fool your family into thinking they are potatoes!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon low fat sour cream, cottage cheese, milk or cream cheese (your preference)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bullion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- dash of worcestershiresauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Set a pot of water on high heat until boiling.
Saute garlic in EVOO or a dab of butter, only use what is necessary.
Cut cauliflower into small pieces and add to the boiling water. Cook until well done, about 7 minutes.
Drain cauliflower well; Pat down to remove as much liquid as possible but do not let cool.
Add all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.