7 ways to change your life in the next 7 days
Most are little steps, but when combined together they can create big and lasting change.
Here are 7 ways to change your life in the next 7 days:
1. Change your words and phrases
One of the most effective ways to change your life is to change your attitude and mindset. And the best way to change your attitude and mindset is to remove certain words and phrases from your vocabulary and to replace them with others that are more positive.
It might take some time to remove negative phrases and words because you’ve gotten so used to them. But once you start using new words and phrases that are more positive, you’ll be surprised at how almost instantly people around you react differently and how you look at the world around you in a fresh way.
Your entire life changes without you having to change everything.
Here are some words and phrases to stop using:
– “It’s just one of those days.”
– “Same s**t, different day.”
– “Same old, same old.”
– “What’s the world coming to?”
– “Kids these days.”
– “I can’t.”
– “I don’t know.”
– Hate – It’s such a powerful word that has become too common in our vocabulary.
– Retarded – I don’t know why people insist on using this word to describe something they don’t like or understand.
– Gay – based on the same negative use as “retarded”
For some ideas on what you can start saying to improve your life and make lasting, positive change, please read our article: 50 things to say before you die.
2. Count your blessings
We all get caught up and forget to reflect on how fortunate we are. So in the next 7 days take an hour and think about:
– What you’re glad to have experienced – sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s a bad experience, but it’s shaped who you are. For me, one thing I’m glad I experienced was poverty.
– What you’re fortunate to have – family, food, shelter.
– What you’re fortunate to not have – it could be sickness or debt.
3. Dust off your bucket list
Take out your list of things to do before you die and find something you can do in the next week. Or write something new down and do it.
4. Wake up claiming the Best. Day. Ever.
One day can positively change your entire life. And that one day needs to start with one good morning.
During the next 7 days wake up claiming that it will be the best day ever and try your hardest to maintain that attitude all day.
5. Try something you think you’re bad at
Perhaps you think you’re horrible at singing, writing, basketball, or some other talent. But perhaps you’ve just never really given yourself the time to attempt and if you do, you might find a new talent for yourself.
6. Declare your life’s purpose
It can certainly be done in a week with focus and a bit of work.
To help you, here are two articles you might be interested in reading:
7. Recognize change happens constantly
Every single day your life changes no matter what. Even if you go through the same routine over and over again, no two days are ever the same. Recognize this and even the days of adversity and pain will become bearable because you know that “good new days” lie ahead.