Give This a Try – Inverted Row
The inverted row is a move most people don’t think to do. It is however, one of the best kept secrets for developing your upper-back, lats, and traps. This body weight exercise is especially good for people whose joints cannot take the stress of deadlifts or bent over rows.
A few things to keep in mind when performing this exercise:
- Palms away from you.
- Elbows tucked in.
- Keep your chin tucked and chest forward
- Keep a flat back throughout the range of motion.
To vary this exercise for more advanced workouts, try these suggestions:
- Feet elevated – prop your feet up on a box or bench.
- Use rings or straps – instead of using a bar, hang straps or rings and use them to grab onto.
- Add weight – Wear a weighted backpack or place a plate on your chest when you perform the move.